Friday 25 January 2013

That's My Jam #2


As it's Burns day today, in celebration of haggis and 'tim'rous beasties' everywhere my new jam is a wonderful collection of famous works from Scotland's greatest poet, Robert Burns, recorded by Now Wakes The Sea.


"As a child, I had a meaty collection of Burns work that I would read before bed (I'd also read The Broons and Oor Wullie annuals - it was all very Scottish), and as I often try to channel childhood memories and nostalgia into music, I thought it would be fitting to revisit some of this material that is often overlooked by those who so disliked having Robert Burns this and Robert Burns that drummed into them at school."

That's what Now Wakes The Sea had to say about the wee collection of tunes, and being an auld romantic my favourite is 'A Red, Red Rose' a poem that was read at my wedding.  Check it out and feel all romantic and patriotic.

No comments:

Post a Comment