Wednesday 14 March 2012

Scottish Fiction's Words With Friends Cup - Update

Drumroll please!  We have our Scottish Fiction Word With Friends finalists.  Here's how things have been going.

Carlo Acosta vs. Brian Pokora


It was a close one, toing and froing with the lead.  But it was Brian from Trapped Mice / Loch Awe who pipped Carlo from The King Hats by 15 points.  Carlo's patented style of 'playing-with-letters-until-something-works' simply wasn't enough to stop Brian in his tracks.  Congratulations to Brian, and hard luck to Carlo.  Here's what our contestants had to say:

Scottish Fiction - Hard luck to Carlo from The King Hats.  Every great match always needs a loser!
Carlo - It's been a great competition.  I can't wait to see who wins.  This was such a good idea. I'm wining it next year! 
Scottish Fiction - The final proved one step too far.  Do you think you could have done anything different?   Who is your tip for the WWF Cup Final?
Carlo - It's tough to take.  Complacency was my enemy after building such a big lead. Brain is my tip, he pulled out some crackers.

Brian - That was so close, extremely well played!
Scottish Fiction - You're through to the WWF Cup Final.  Is this what you've been aiming for since round 1?  How do you plan to prepare for the big game?
Brian - I think I'll stop playing my other games, save all the words for this one.  Also, I'll play as many dirty words as possible.

Boab Canavan vs. Stu Lewis 


In our second Words With Friends semi final Boab from Campfires In Winter took on Stu Lewis of The Tidal Wave Of Indifference blog.  Things were close pretty much up until the final moments.  Boab pulled it out the bag though with an outstanding final play of 'pimento' onto a triple word score, meaning even Stu's 101 pointer couldn't stop Boab running out as the winner. 

Boab - That was a nail biter.  Couldn't believe my luck I when I saw the letters appear before me.
Scottish Fiction - Your through to the WWF Cup Final.  Is this what u've been aiming for since round 1?  How do you plan to prepare for the big game?
Boab - I was hopeful but wasn't really expecting to get this far.  In preparation, I'll be eating a dictionary every day

Stu - Well played that Boab, I CANNOT BELIEVE that last word you played!!!
Scottish Fiction - The final proved one step too far.  Do you think you could have done anything different?  Who is your tip for the WWF Cup Final?
Stu - I'm backing Boab.  I've played (and beaten) Brian but Boab feels unstoppable.  I don't think I could have done anything more.  Even after my 101pt word, 'pimento' was sensational!

So that's it folks.  We've been whittled our competitors down from eight to the final two.  Our finalists.  Things will kick off this Friday and Brian will battle Boab for the inaugural Scottish Fiction Words With Friends Cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment